Featured News Item
IRLE Director Chris Tilly weighs in on unpaid internships and their role in the economy on Truthdig.
IRLE in the News
IRLE's research and community work is often recognized for its far-reaching influence on civic and academic communities. The links below include media coverage for all units of the Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, including the UCLA Labor Center, LOSH and HARRT.
Recent News Items
- The History of Labor Unions, Los Angeles Sentinel, February 26, 2015.
- Air Force Veteran with Tech Skills Stuck with $10 an Hour at Department Store, The Los Angeles Times, February 21, 2015.
- With Pay Raise, Wal-Mart Misses Minimum Wage Movement's $15 Mark, Fortune, February 19, 2015
- Mindfulness Series Speaker Victor Narro Advises Self-care for Student Social Activists, The Occidental Weekly, February 19, 2015.
- Chasing Donald Trump: When an Apprenticeship is More Lucrative than a Degree, SkilledUp, February 18, 2015
- Advance Schedules Proposed for Retail Workers in California, CBS Money Watch, February 18, 2015
If you are a member of the press and are interested in IRLE research please contact us.