Featured News Item
IRLE Director Chris Tilly weighs in on unpaid internships and their role in the economy on Truthdig.
IRLE in the News
IRLE's research and community work is often recognized for its far-reaching influence on civic and academic communities. The links below include media coverage for all units of the Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, including the UCLA Labor Center, LOSH and HARRT.
Recent News Items
- A New Effort to Help Black Workers Find Higher-paying Jobs, The Los Angeles Times, January 20, 2015
- Seattle Takes Step to Hire More Workers from Distressed Areas, The Seattle Times, January 20, 2015
- Program Helps Black Workers in L.A. Compete for Coveted Apprenticeships, UCLA Newsroom, January 20, 2015
- On the Beaches of Santa Monica, Temp Workers Organize, Labor Notes, January 12, 2015
- 21 States Raise Minimum Wage as Feds Ponder Changes, Newsmax, January 1, 2015
- Minimum Wage Increases will Give Raises to 3 Million Workers, CNNMoney, December 31, 2014
If you are a member of the press and are interested in IRLE research please contact us.